Thursday, February 2, 2017

FEBRUARY 2017

Well Hello there world....
It's been WAY to long since I've posted anything on this blog so since I was looking at my cousin, Austin's Mission Blog. Well actually she is my cousins daughter so... well that is just semantics. Anyway she is in week 4 of her mission. She is in Wyoming in a town of 288 people.  And the cold... chills me to the bone just thinking about it. I am so incredibly proud of her. First in her family to serve so that is pretty cool.
I've also been following some of the girls that my kids grew up with and their missions. Sora Taylor Holiday in Rome Italy and Sorella Lucy Gleason in the Romania/Moldova Mission. First it took me a little bit to come to grips with the fact that they were old enough to serve missions... cuz that just makes me OLDER!  Once I was okay with that I have so enjoyed watching them grow in as women and in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I can't believe how fast time has been going for them already.

As a Ward Missionary in our ward here in Stockton, I am in charge of the ward Sister Missionary Dinner Calendar. I am pretty proud to say that our ward is so awesome.... our missionaries have dinner appointments EVERY NIGHT!!  Way to go Don Avenue Ward.  Transfers come soon, February 14th - I think I am more apprehensive about them then Sister Hupp (Missouri) and Sister Turner (Layton, UT) are. They have been here for 6 months, ever since Sister Hupp came out on her mission.... I am pretty sure there will be a change- just don't know what it will be.  I would like to think that at least ONE of them will stay here... to me it wouldn't make sense to send two in blind... but that's why I'm not the mission president. So we will just have to see.

Helping the Sister Missionaries and reading the blogs and emails from the other missionaries has really helped me stay focused on what is important in my life. It has truly helped keep me heading forward. My Bishop recently said... we are not stagnant people.... if we are not moving forward we are still moving... just NOT in the right direction. Smart Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment